Osteoarthritis is a kind of arthritis in which the cartilage breaks down and wears in one or more joints. Cartilage serves as a pillow between the joints of the body. The wearing away of the cartilages causes the bones to rub against one another. Osteoarthritis is one of the most common forms of arthritis. It is mostly hereditary and can occur to many people of the same family. There are two kinds of it- Primary Osteoarthritis and Secondary Osteoarthritis.
1. Primary Osteoarthritis – In this type, there is usually no specific reason causing arthritis. It generally occurs with aging.
2. Secondary Osteoarthritis- The specific cause of this form of arthritis is known. It is generally caused as a result of another disease like obesity, diabetes, any surgery in the joints or any other hormonal diseases.
Men mostly before the age of 45 and women mostly after the age of 55 are affected by this disease. The areas that are prone to be affected are the spine, feet, knees, shoulder, and hips.
The symptoms vary with different patients. Usual signs of the disease include pain in the joints that are affected. It is followed by swelling, stiffness, and warmth in the affected area.
As of yet, there are no proper medications of reversing or curing Osteoarthritis. However, certain measures can help reduce the effect of the condition and keep it under control.
These include taking proper medications, physical therapy, occupational therapy, yoga, some changes in the lifestyle and keeping the body weight under control. Sometimes even surgeries can be suggested by the doctors.
1. Medications- Doctors can suggest medications to control or reduce the symptoms caused by Osteoarthritis. Sometimes, doctors may also pair these medicines up with other methods of controlling the disease.
2. Physical Therapy- This process of this therapy depends from person to person. It might include a chart of certain exercises that would strengthen the muscles around the affected joints, reducing the pain. It is done with the help of a professional therapist.
3. Occupational Therapy- This therapy helps to ease the everyday work by finding out creative solutions of doing it. It, therefore, reduces the chances of causing more pain to the affected joint.
4. Yoga- Yoga is known for making the body flexible and pain-free. This therapy helps one to push their limits. It includes some stretching exercises that help the muscles to move and reduce swelling and pain. Deep breathing that accompanies the process also decreases stress level.
5. Lifestyle Changes- An inclusion of regular exercise can cause a lot of positive effect on Osteoarthritis. Regular exercise promotes fitness which strengthens the muscles and bones of the body. It also helps one lose weight, reduce stress and increase overall wellness of the body.
6. Losing Weight- Obesity is one of the main causes of Osteoarthritis. It puts a lot of pressure on the joints causing more pain and worsening the condition. Regular exercises and maintaining a healthy diet helps to lose weight.
Kudrati Ayurveda provides medicines that help strengthen the muscles of the joints and prevent the cartilage from wearing off. These medicines are made by expert’swith100% authentic herbal Ayurved formulae using ancient Ayurved techniques. It helps repair the affected joints and reduces the unbearable pain and swelling. It dives into roots of the cause of it and prevents it from spreading further.